Sunday 12 May 2013

King

I created this image while I was catching up with my reading. it is a revised version of an old image I had previously tried to make. When creating this piece I incorporated another new technique into my work. an idea that I am quite proud of at is has made a vast improvement on my registration technique. My new method is t print my black layer first but instead of printing it in black I first print it in a very light off white colour so that I can only just see it on the page. Which then gives me a guide  when it comes down to where I should place my layer with much less difficulty.
This was my original design for this piece which I revised, by making both heads the same and and changing the design slightly, generally using my improved drawing skills to improve the image. as well as this I also used my increased knowledge in photoshop, which is something I have spent a lot of time developing, to add straight lines and other aspects of the design that I felt could be easier and more effective to do in photoshop.



 I feel this piece is a prime example of how my way of thinking has changed and improved when it comes to how I am going to design and complete my pieces as well as how I can achieve the finished product to the best of my abilities. With the strides I have made with my screen printing technique I really feel confident going forward that I can produce a large amount of high quality prints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment